Monday, October 3, 2011

General Conference Part 2

    Since I had wrote about my excitement for conference this weekend I thought I would write about what was experienced. No, I am not going to write about every talk or even every talk that I really enjoyed because that would take me way too long, and I do need to get back to studying for my tests.

   I will start off by saying wow! What a fabulous weekend that was. Seriously, I was thinking about this, when I was younger conference weekend was so boring, and so long. It was fun to sleep all day and play games, but I never really understood much from the talks, unless the Primary General Pres. would speak to the primary kids and would get my attention. While in high school and junior high, I was starting to like it, but again those weekends were just so long. Now the weekend just goes by way too quickly. I was disapointed upon the conclusion of the conference. Man, I have to wait a whole 6 months for this again. It's going to take forever! Oh well, at least we have the Ensign as well as the opportunity to go back through to listen and read the talks from this session.

   I noticed most of the talks quoted or mentioned "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding, in all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths." This is such a simple, and easy to remember scripture, but honestly I needed that reminder from all who said it. The theme I noticed from Oct 2011 Conference was to Pray, Trust in the Lord, and Follow His will. "Thy will not mine be done". What an inspired conference this was. So many wonderful talks, and reminders that I do need to pray more fervently, and not only just pray, but I need to get up and do. I also need to show more gratitude in my prayers, and ask for forgiveness for my shortcomings always. Scripture study is essential, not just reading it, but studying, pondering and praying about the messages.

   I will say I am so grateful for our Prophet Pres. Monson. He is such a wonderful example. All of our General Authorities are such great examples to us. I know they were all inspired for the talks they gave. I did recieve some answers, some I have a long way to go on, but I do have that reminder of having Faith and Trust in the Lord and through Him anything is possible. I know this is the true church. I am grateful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. My hope and prayer is that I can be a better example, that I can be more patient with myself and my life, and that I can better myself always.

I am now so excited for April. It's going to be great. Until then I will be working on bettering my patience and faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment