Sunday, October 16, 2011

Fall Update

This school year has been crazy. It's such a fabulously exciting time or year as well as life in general. Nathan is applying for Graduate School for next fall, awaiting his GRE score, and is still working hard in the Trede Lab at the Huntsman Cancer Institute. He is busy, but having a great time, and learning a lot through his work. He is doing so much valuable work not only for the things they are researching and discovering, but also for his own skills and talent in that area of research.

As for me, I am in school, half way through my second to last semester of my undergraduate degree. Oh, how I enjoy saying that. I am just so eager to get this chapter done with. I am taking 6 classes to help me to hurry and finish, they are all so interesting, exciting and I am learning a lot. One thing I really like about being at the end is that my classes tend to overlap, it's a great reminder of the things I am learning and allows me to really get it instilled in my brain. Along with my classes I am still working at Salt Lake Running Co, I don't say that negatively, I really do love my job there. I like that I can feel I am making a difference in some peoples lives, and just how much I am learning about running, proper nutrition, injury prevention, and good training. I do love what I do. I also recently got an internship at Orriant, a corporate wellness company. They go to other companies and offer them wellness programs for their employees, to decrease their cost of health insurance, well as work to improve health and moral in the companies. I am going to be working on their Coach Training program and helping to write and publish a Coaching Handbook/Workbook. I will also help write next years Newsletters on different health topics. It's really going to challenge me, and challenge my writing skills, but I am so excited for this opportunity. This is going to work me hard during this already busy time, but it's goint to be amazing!

This year has been surprising to say the least, but super exciting. I love it.

1 comment: