Saturday, April 23, 2011

Inspiration

Tonights post has been inspired by many thoughts I've had over the week, and over just the last couple of minutes from a comment my sister in law made on a post I put up on our family blog.

This week has resulted in some very big decisions being made, and with some direction from my Heavenly Father. I posted in my last post about the events that have been coming up in our lives and the sudden halt with grad schools. With not getting accepting this first round of applying I decided to take a visit this week to an academic counselor to see what I can do to get graduated before we get into grad school. I have been thinking quite a bit lately about my major and what it is I do want to do. With my new job (at the Salt Lake Running Co.) it's made me really think about what I was going to do, and how different or similar to others in my program I am. So, thinking long and hard, and doing some looking I realized what I was looking to potentially do with my life was not in fact with in Exercise Science, my interest is more in the relm of Health Promotion and Education. I made the decision to talk to someone this week and man did I get excited. She really got me pumped up and feeling like I can do this.

In the end I am, yet again, changing my major and will be taking a huge step these next couple of months to get me done with school next spring. I will be going to school full time this summer, and through fall and spring I will go to 18 credits to make it so I can graduate next spring. I am honestly SO excited. This is going to take A LOT of work, but it's possible.

So with that little explanation, this summer is going to be nuts!! I will be coaching swimming at the Jewish Community Center, as well as working at Salt Lake Running Co, and in school, just that is a lot to take on. But I think I had added in my post before my goal for a Half Iron Man at the end of the summer. For me this big challenge is not for winning it, or making it big, but more or less to say I've done it. The wonderful Jessica had posted that accomplishing that she would have to disown me because no one should have that much talent, but I must say it's not the talent that's involved, but the will power, determination and I guess you could say my pride that will get me through all of this. Ha ha. This is going to be no picnic, but I am so ready to say I am a graduate of the University of Utah, and a finisher of the Half Iron Man. **Jessica, I will, and mark my words, WILL get you to do one with me someday, and then you will have to disown yourself because you are already one super powered person already :)**

None the less I am excited and nervous for what this summer has in store. I will say this I am so ready for the summer to be here, for the warm and happy weather. I hope you guys have some great goals ahead!!

By the way Happy Easter!! I love Easter, one of my favorite holiday's, I love getting new Easter Dresses, but this year we got Nathan some golf clubs instead. Maybe next year :)

2 comments:

  1. You are so awesome Linn! Way to be motivated. you are SUCH a hard worker. Nathan is pretty lucky :) Let me know if I can ever help you with anything! You are my hero

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am not trying to be rude, really, i am not. it seems like your husband is selfish. that, or you are really, really nice. you've mentioned in a few posts, i think i remember you writing about your birthday and that you went to his favorite restaurant and he ordered soemthing you don't like.... SAD! and now, easter... he gets golfclubs and no dress for you? SAD!! why must nathan get his way during times that it should be about YOU, or WE?

    ReplyDelete