Saturday, March 12, 2011

Progress

It's been a couple of months since I decided to grow out my hair. On my birthday I gave myself a challenge to not cut my hair for an entire year. It has been three and a half months and I am still going strong. Although my hair seems to not be getting very far. It's really hard to tell with curly hair. I just feel like my hair is getting bigger rather than longer.

The way I can tell is that last fall I could barely fit my hair into a pony tail, I had to use a billion bobby pins, BUT now I can put it in a pony tail with only one!! That's huge. I can actually put it in a pony tail with out any, but I prefer to have one for the whispy fly aways that like to hang out occasionally.

February 2011
December 2010
I had said that I was going to try to not straighten my hair very often, to help my hair grow healthy and stay really curly. Not going to lie, it's really hard trying not to straighten it. The only thing keeping me from straightening it is that Nathan really doesn't like it when I do. So I haven't. Except back in February he went to Texas for his interview for four days. I took advantage of him being gone. The day he flew out it was straight as I could get it. I loved it!! That was over a month ago, but I took a picture to share. It's just taken me a while to post it.

It's hard to see the difference but, it is longer. In the back it is past my shoulders. I can't wait to see how it looks in a couple of more months. Hopefully there will be more of a growth.

I found my old high school id's and showed Nathan my long hair. After finding them it made me really excited to get long. That excitement will hopefully last another 9 months plus.

I hope you are having a great weekend. It certainly was beautiful today, though it was cloudy it was pretty warm. I am so excited for spring. What's your favorite thing about spring coming??

1 comment:

  1. you look beautiful linn! i like it long and the straight looks good too!

    ReplyDelete