Sunday, March 13, 2011

100!!

Woohoo!!! I have now posted 100 with in 21 months (i think)... I feel like this is a pretty big thing.

Well, today I have had a lot on my mind. It's been quite the day. We did a little family fast today, and though it was short I felt that I received a lot of peace today, and the lessons at church today were wonderful. We were able to spend time with family and enjoy an after noon of crafts (which I am horrible at), and played some balderdash. It was great to have some family time. Also spent time talking with my parents on the phone. I have some goals that we talked about that I want to make happen with in the next month or so, now is the time for me to do it, so I am. Nathan and I were able to take a great walk tonight, the weather is just so wonderful. I love that the sun was shining, and that the temperature is creeping up and giving me the warmth I need.

Though it's been a great day, I can't help but feel completely misplaced. I feel very distant from my own world. It's almost like I feel lost with in my own life. I am not a huge fan of this. I know that this is to prepare us for what we have ahead of us, but this is not a feeling that I'd like to have around much longer. I'd like that nudge, or direction to where we are going this fall. I know it will be great, and that I will love it, but it's like that great surprise present your parents have for you, but you never know when you are going to get it. The anticipation is just so intense. I know all that I have head of me is for my own good, but I don't like feeling lost in my own life. I'd like to feel good about what I am doing, and be happy with the life I am living. Now is the time for enjoying and being happy. Life is for enjoying and loving, I want to get out of this fog today and be happy with how each day is lived.

Have you been lost in your own world before? What was it like, and what did you do to get out of it?

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry it's been a rough day Linnley. Life is so rough and crazy busy. When I start getting overwhelmed, I retreat to a hot bubble bath with a favorite book. And I have an amazing sister in law that I look up to so much. She seriously never rests, in fact if she's sitting down when her kids get home from school, they think she's sick. I tell myself over and over that if I want to be like her, I have to work as hard as her. Also I started putting my tasks under bigger goals like career advancement, financial/spiritual/physical health, education, personal relationships, creating a house of order. If it doesn't fit in a category of who I want to be, it doesn't need to be done. Plus, if it's a less important category (honestly like cleaning for me), then it comes behind the important categories. Seeing those big goals helps me remember why I'm so busy and what all my activities are doing for me.
    Your schooling helps secure your future, your jobs add to your financial well being, running helps your physical and mental health.
    Also, when I feel like I'm running from one place to the next, I put on relaxing music on the drive, or just remind myself to breathe correctly while I'm running around.
    Hang in there. You'll make it through this busy time and be a stronger person when you're done. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete