Wednesday, March 2, 2011

On the Road Again

I can't help but think of the song in Shrek where Donkey is singing about them, "on the road again, can't wait to get back on the road again."...While he is singing Shrek is frustrated and trying to get him to shut up. Well I feel like Shrek today. I am back on the hunt for a new job, not my choice, especially since we are going to be moving in a couple of months. But I need to search for a job, got a heads up at work yesterday to start looking. It's not even been 24 hours and I'm getting frustrated. No one is emailing me back. I've sent my resume to several people yesterday after noon, and nothing. I know I know I need to be patient and give it time, but time is something I don't really have right now. I'd rather get started now with a new job so that I can stick with it for 4 months rather than 3 or less.

There is A LOT of waiting happening right now. There has got to be several lessons I should be learning from this but it's taking A LOT for me to learn anything. If anything I am just learning to clean out our shower drain more with all the hair that's falling out (stress tends to do that to me).

1 comment:

  1. I TOTALLY know how you feel. I did that for... far too long. Suggestions: 1)Keep applying for absolutely anything that would be remotely interesting. If you only get an interview it will help you for the future. 2)Talk with 1 or 2 staffing agencies. They'll have temporary jobs that could work for you if you're only looking for a couple months possibly. And they do the looking for you :) Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete