Monday, February 7, 2011

Weekends

I am trying to figure out what weekends are really for... Ever since I've started working full time I have felt like weekends are my time to accomplish everything that didn't get done during the week such as: dishes, laundry, cleaning... You know, the fun stuff right?? Ha ha. 


The last couple of weekends I have been able to get absolutely nothing done. Last week I even prepared my Sunday School lesson during the week because I had no time to prepare it over the weekend. But what is it that is keeping me so busy during the weekend that I don't get anything done??? 


Well, my friends I have been doing nothing. That's right. Friday nights I just sit around entertain myself on the computer, or with the T.V as well as Nathan's high tech phone. Saturdays I have been sleeping in until who knows when (so unlike me), then slowly getting myself to the gym, only to return home and sit around with Nathan. I usually don't shower until 3 or 4 on Saturday's as we are getting ready to head out somewhere to play. 
Sunday's are much the same, except I have Church in the mornings. Usually around Sunday evening I am bored out of my mind so I start cooking random things to put in the fridge to hopefully get eaten during the week, and sweep the floors, do the dishes as such to wear my self out enough to go to bed on time so I can start my routine of early mornings again. 


I get a lot of relaxing in on the weekends, but for some reason I come back to work on Monday not feeling a. relaxed enough, b. still tired and c. that I didn't get anything done. So odd. But I did accomplish one thing. That is that I hung out, and had fun with my husband. (also we went to Nickel Mania and I won 500 tickets on one game so fun!!)... So what are weekends for??? My guess is that they aren't for cleaning and organizing like I would like them to be, but they are for having fun and relaxing. I sure hope that your weekend was a great one. I look forward to this weekend, though Nathan will be gone I will have a three day weekend to get everything I need to done as well as play with some of my in-laws that are coming in town. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment