Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Updates

Over the weekend Nathan flew to Houston Texas for his interview at the University of Texas Houston for Biomedical Sciences. It was a successful weekend. He was able to meet many great people, and explore the large city of Houston, as well as the Medical city. It was so nice that they flew him down there, and treated him so well. I am real excited for his next interview in about a week and a half. He will be going to Tampa Florida, which is where the University of South Florida is located. 


So far I have been doing some research to look at which place we would like to live, also trying to find good housing options and schools for me. It's been a lot of fun, but it's making me pretty anxious to just find out. Though we did find out this weekend that we will not being staying in Utah. We did not get accepted into the program here, which I think is just so odd, but I think that it's so that we wouldn't be tempted to stay here when we need to be somewhere else. As we pray for those reviewing his applications, and for us as well that we can be accepting of what happens, I can't help but think and remind myself that there is a better location for us right now, and by not getting accepted here will help push us where we need to be. 


Though Nathan had a great time this weekend, he felt that Houston was just too big. There were other great things about it, but at the moment he would prefer to go to USF. It will be close to family, and it's where he's from so there are several bonuses. But I think there are great bonuses for each, I will list just a few for each that I've come up with. 


Tampa, Bing Images

USF: It's closer to both of our Parents. Instead of being on the opposite side of the country, we will be about 45 min from his parents and about 9 hours from my parents (driving). Florida has great weather, perfect for me. I will be able to go to USF as well I wouldn't have to go to a separate University. Also, we will be closer to Luke and Cindy (our niece and nephew), they are just so funny. Also, I'd have a possible running buddy (Jessica :). Also Nathan already knows his way around there so we would be less likely to get lost, me on the other hand I probably won't drive for a while I will get so lost I'd end up in Utah again. 


Houston, Bing Images
UTH: I will be a whole new adventure for both Nathan and I. I will end up at the University of Houston. The housing market is pretty darn cheap so we may end up being able to purchase a home. There are a few Dr.s that really want Nathan in their lab. We'd be close to Nathan's family in Texas and Oklahoma (and the few of mine that live around there). Also, we would live in the middle of the Country, that's pretty cool. 


Both places are pretty much on the Gulf, so cool!! Which means great weather, but also flash floods and hurricanes. But I am just so so happy to get out of the cold. We have a lot of decisions a head of us and I am so excited. This will be quite the year we have a lot going on, but it keeps life exciting

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE houston. that's my hometown and so of course i'm hoping you guys end up there. Nate is right though, it is a HUGE city. There is so much to see and do! Let me know how things go! (Florida is great too... so either way, you guys win).

    ReplyDelete