Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Competitive

Okay so I am very competitive. You can ask anyone and they would agree with this. It's just my nature. I grew up competing in sports and it just got me really into sports and winning. I did a lot of sports, some of which include: Swimming, Diving, Gymnastics, Running, Water Polo, Track, Triathlons as well as church sports like Basketball, Volleyball, and Softball. I have a lot of experience winning and loosing. If I don't compete often it gets built up and it needs to be released. This winter it's been, I think worse than ever before. In high school I swam all winter long so I was able to get my competition fix. After hurting my foot in December I've been slowing down, so it's been emotionally rough.

I am just now trying to get back into the swing of things. Last week I went to ward basketball and it turned into a disaster. Everyone, I mean EVERYONE on our team was getting heated. Not just me. Our team is okay not very good with ball skills, so the other team starts playing bad, and then we all end up getting a billion fouls. Well, I wasn't very level headed. Not many of us were. As a result, I almost fouled out, several of our players had left so we didn't have any subs, and we lost and I had to do sprints to cool myself down. It hasn't worked. I'm still frustrated with something. But from now on I will never participate in church sports, and I will not being going to any activities. It's not worth getting frustrated and bugged over.

In my opinion church sports need coaches. I have been a coach for 6 years, and I am also in a Coaching Class at the U. I am getting a lot of experience and learning a ton and from what I am learning is that all sports need a coach even just recreational teams.

After all this competitive vibe has stored up and is eating at me I need to do a race. I really think it would be good for me to do a marathon or something to get it out so that I can get this released. Church sports are not a good idea. It would be more helpful to do group runs a such to help encourage each other and to lift each other the way we are taught not to get competitive and focused on winning.  

2 comments:

  1. I was feeling bad about my comment because it sounded like I'm anti-chuch ball so I deleted it :) I'm not really anti-church ball but I totally agree with you that coaches are a great idea!

    ReplyDelete