Thursday, February 17, 2011

Miracles of our Bodies

3 weeks ago my boss Steve, or as many may know him as the High Council man in our ward, was reffing men's basketball tripped and fell. He's been real sore for weeks and they've done many x-rays and haven't found anything. Yesterday they did an MRI and found that it wasn't his hip, but his femur that's broken. What a shock for all of us! 

While we are talking about this at work, and the details of the surgery he has to have this weekend it reminds us of our past injuries and such. It's sad that other's ailments remind us of so many problems and remind us to be grateful for our health and our ability to walk. I've been complaining about my own stress fracture in my foot, but it's getting better. I feel horrible that I've complained about something so silly when even I have had worse. We got talking about hip injuries and I am so so glad that I have been able to live with minimal hip pain this last year. It's been amazing. I lived with so much constant pain for so many years and when it subsided I was so quick to forget it and forget to be happy for the little pain I do have. 

Our bodies are amazing and can do so many wonderful things. I will be a new aunt by the end of the day today, and the miracle that he will be in so many peoples lives. Today let's remember to be glad that we can walk, and run and to so many things. I feel horrible for Steve and wish a quick recovery for him. :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my word. Poor Brother Knott! Let him know we wish him a quick recovery too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh poor Steve. That's awful. And yes, our bodies are such amazing things that everything works together so well.

    ReplyDelete