Thursday, February 24, 2011

Productivity

This semester has been crazy. I am in school and working full time, as well as a wife and housekeeper. I've got a lot to do all the time and I feel like I am never getting enough done. Last semester I felt on top of everything, I only had one less class to worry about so why is it different this semester??

I was thinking about it last night and I have come to the conclusion that I was working out a lot more than I am now, when I work out I tend to be more motivated and get more things done. My objective in cutting back this semester was so that I could spend more time with Nathan, but it's like we just watch T.V. all night and nothing gets done. I don't even get the dishes done unless I get super bored of the crappy shows on T.V or get frustrated with how unproductive I've been. I get quite a bit done at work, for example yesterday I took notes on 4 lectures and did a quiz to follow up those lectures, as well as got started on some of my other assignments that aren't due until the end of March. In a sense I feel forced to be productive at work while staying right next to the phone so I get a lot of school work done. But when I get home I am so used to sitting around at work all day that it's hard for me to transition to go mode and run my errands and get stuff done.

With my conclusion, I have decided that I am going to do my work outs in the morning with the P90X and on my lunch breaks go running, to help mix up the day, and in the evening shut off the T.V and get things done, if I need to get a boost of energy I will pull out the kinect and play with Nathan so there will be together time as well as more activity going on. That is my hope that it will help mo be productive.

I just need to be more useful of my time off work. When I am not there are days like today when I have 10 things I need to do after work but I have institute after work and a family party right after. It makes me stressed and frustrated. Especially because I didn't get a work out in this morning so that makes for more things I need to do tonight.

Let me just finish by saying I am SO ready for Spring and the warm weather. That helps me be more productive as well, I am less likely to hide out in my apartment all week.

What do you do to be more productive through out the week? Do you give yourself incentives or something?

No comments:

Post a Comment