Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Love Month

Well, it's the 2nd of February, the verdict is that Spring will be coming early this year (which I am looking forward to). February is the month of love. Everyone gets their Valentine and shows them how much they love them, often getting engaged, married or some I have known break up. It's quite a roller coaster of emotions this month is. I always hated February, although it's better than January. I didn't like the emphasis of dating and such, it made for some real awkward Valentines for me. Most of the time I had to work that day because everyone else was out on some hot dates, so I'd go home and hang out with my parents or usually just my dog because that's who was around. In Junior High and High School the week before people would send flowers to their friends or who they liked (I always wished for one, even if it was from my mom). It would feel nice to get a flower during school. I don't think I ever did. But you know what? That doesn't matter now. 


I would call Valentines Day Single's Awareness Day, and would dread it. Now it has a whole new meaning to me. Who knew that I would change my negative outlook on such a Holiday?? Not me. 


 I have been very blessed. I have a wonderful family, and always have, recently I married into yet another wonderful family. Wow. I have three families? Even to just have one I should have been celebrating my love for my siblings, parents and my cute dog (even though she always snuck in my room and ate my valentines candy from my mom). We are given so many things to celebrate everyday, so why not embrace it? Why didn't I see it earlier? I would have been more fun to be around I am sure :). 


We really should celebrate everyday as Valentines Day. We don't need a day on the calendar that comes once a year for us to tell our loved ones how much we love them. We should be doing it everyday! 


My goal this month is to work on showing Nathan how much I love him everyday, by helping out even if I have a lot going on, by letting him play that extra game when I want him to pay attention to me, and by playing at least one game with him when he asks instead of saying no because he's no fun to play with (I always loose, it's not fun). By making small sacrifices for our loved onces this year we can improve our relationships and better how we feel as well. 


I am real excited to try this, and it will take a lot of work for me to do, but it's going to be worth it. Happy February! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment