Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sleep

While sleeping soundly last night, all warm in my bed, I woke myself up. 

How?? 

Well, by nothing else but clenching my jaw

Weird! 

Now that I realized I clench my jaw, it makes sense. I know now why my jaw often hurts all day long, it's because in my sleep I am stressed or something and end up clenching my jaw. 

I am going to have to figure out a way to fix this. We will see. Maybe when I can run again I will stop, but we will have to wait a few more weeks to figure that out. 

1 comment:

  1. I hope running does help! It's likely from stress. A few years ago I had this problem. It got so bad that every time I chewed my jaw popped and made grinding noises. And then it started locking shut all together. Scary. I had to go to physical therapy for it and get this special retainer thing to wear at night so I couldn't clench my jaw.

    ReplyDelete