Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Giving Thanks

This Thanksgiving is a rather odd year. Nathan, his brother Sean and I were planning on heading up to Seattle for Thanksgiving this year to be with Robert and Brooke along with their adorable daughters and KaRyn (Nathan's brother wife, and sister). I was SO SO exited I swear I told everyone our plans because I was just so excited. Also, this was going to be my first time going to Seattle. Low and behold the night of our departure was Utah's Epic Blizzard so we decided not to travel and see how things are today. Though this snow storm that was supposed to be so dangerous and life threatening (as the meteorologists said) turned out to be just another Utah snow storm, just sideways. Yes the temperature is frigid which makes for icy roads, we didn't get much snow which was disappointment today, but up in Northern Utah and Idaho it was a lot worse. 


We have decided to stay home and spend Thanksgiving together, as well as go to dinner at my Grandma Newtons. What makes this year odd is that again I am with out my Mom and Dad, as well as Nathan's parents. I miss them all dearly. Living so far away from parents is a hard adjustment. You would think that after a year and a few months I would be adjusted, but I am not. 


My brother and his wife are spending the holiday with my parents and I am very jealous of them. I miss my parents dearly. Though I am happy to be with Nathan and Sean. I do miss going shooting with my dad and making either a salad or rolls with my mom. We had a lot of fun, but now Nathan and I get to start our own traditions (though I have a feeling a lot of Xbox will be involved), I am excited and happy to be spending this time with him. <3


This year I am grateful for warm weather, a warm apartment, and my wonderful husband. There are so many things to be grateful for. Too many to list at that, but I am glad to be safe at home. I hope to visit Seattle soon! 


I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving. Remember all that you are grateful for, and the many blessings you have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment