Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Worry Wart

That is what I am!! I am a worrier. I got that from my mom and my grandma. It's not bad, until you stress and worry like I do. I am often reminded by my worry free husband to relax my eyebrows, I have them constantly furrowed (if that's a word).

Yesterday I saw a bit of what it looks like on other people, and uh, can I say I am going to try to not stress and worry. After my wonderful swim last night, I just sat and observed the life guards in their dutiful manners, I think I only watched because only a few months ago that was me. As I was watching they were putting lane lines in one of the pools at the U, after the kayaks had finished. While they were putting in the lanes, a gentleman hopped in the pool to wait from them to finish, but as soon as he jumped in one of the young life guards was right on top of him, telling him he had to get out of the pool and wait for them to get the lanes in. So he hopped out, not so happy and waited, while he was waiting they were trying to put the lanes in around him standing on the deck. One of the other life guards looked so frustrated that he was just standing there in the way, she just looked so stressed about it. Why should she be stressing over something so stupid? Trust me, I was a life guard for almost 7 years, I have been in situations like this, and I know that him standing in the way or him in the water makes no difference. Often times when a person was in the way I put them to work, I asked them to swim the lane down for me, it makes my job easier.

So why would she be stressing so much about that? I have no idea, but I know that I have done the same, possibly even worse, well actually I know for a fact I have stressed over more stupid things. Why do we worry and stress??
I know one thing, that stress increases your metabolism, so there is one excuse for me to stress, so that my metabolism won't slow down with my age ha ha.

My new goal is to TRY to not worry so much, and to relax my face more. I am thinking yoga is going to become more of a regular thing for me, I need to find my inner chi or whatever it is.

Linn

1 comment:

  1. I like this post very much. I think you are right. I have been trying to do that in preparation for Saturday, and I always feel much more full of faith when I relax and stop worrying sooo much.

    ReplyDelete