Monday, October 4, 2010

Safe and Sound

It's always such a great feeling being at home, feeling secure and safe. Not only while being at home, but out running, and driving around as well. Two weeks ago I think it was, my dad called me late on a Wednesday night, well late for them, gave me some horrible news that both my brother and his wife were in the hospital for different reasons. My heart just sank. He explained to me that P had gone in for excessive blood loss, so J was riding his bike home to get the car and their 14 month old son, but on his way home he was hit by a car. When my dad said those words I burst into tears. It was kinda odd because I was sitting at the gym finishing my work out, sorry for those who saw. I felt completely helpless, and I really just wanted to be there for my brother and his family. It was comforting to know that I had a support system that I could turn to to get comfort. Both my parents as well as my in-laws, and we did all that we could do, by just praying for them, and keeping them in our thoughts. Though they are both doing a lot better, last night I was talking to J on the phone, and listening to the extent of the damage not only to his bike, but to his body, the only thing that comes to my mind is that our prayers that we have said for them on a daily bases before this accident helped keep the damage to a minimum. I feel very blessed that I have been kept safe with all my activities, and that though at times I do face an injury or sickness here or there, it is not as bad as it could be. We are all watched over, and I know things have a purpose. So what is my purpose today? To cheer up someones day by saying hi or simply asking them how they are, or is it to take a little extra caution while riding my bike, or crossing a cross walk, or even driving home. I am so so grateful for the prayers that were said for J and P, while going through this hard time. I love them, and I never want either of them to scare me like that again. Love my family you are all so wonderful!! 


~Linn~ 

2 comments:

  1. My goodness...that is so scary. I don't know what I would have done. I am glad they are doing better. My Aunt and Uncle got in a nasty biking accident about two years ago, we are very grateful for the miracles that the Lord shows us and we put our faith in him. My Uncle and Aunt are an example of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad your family is doing a little better. Experiences like this really do remind me what a blessing it is to be able to pray to a loving Heavenly Father. Sometimes I take that for grated. I just found yours and Bekah's blog today and I'm happy :)

    ReplyDelete