Friday, October 15, 2010

Anticipation

Have you ever taken an exam? I am positive you ALL have. 

The anticipation of studying and preparing for an exam is just horrible. I am a terrible test taker. I get major anxiety when it comes to sitting in a room, with a test in front of me and people watching me I just freak out and forget everything. 

This week was Fall Break but I had arranged to take my test early because of a conflict, so we scheduled it for yesterday, I had prepared myself mentally and studied so hard  to do well on this test. When I got to the testing place yesterday I waited for a good 45 minutes just to find NO ONE showed to give me the test. All the anticipation that had built up all week was not getting released. I was a very very FRUSTRATED girl when I got home. Luckily we had a fun night planned to go to dinner with our friends the Hunters, to help me forget a little bit. 

This morning I got a call from the tester apologizing he realized he had forgotten, so we have scheduled it for Saturday Afternoon, but until then I get to continue to study and freak out, as I have both a Half Marathon (which generates enough energy and anticipation to power New York City), then the test after the Half. Tomorrow will be both the most stress inducing and rewarding day of this week. I am so excited for tomorrow night, to have both things accomplished and to relax the rest of the weekend. 

I hope you all have a great weekend! Enjoy the rest of your Fall Break!

~Linn

No comments:

Post a Comment