Tuesday, October 19, 2010

All in a Name

To help bring the spirit of Halloween, and the fun of the Holiday, Nathan and I carved Pumpkins on Saturday with Mark, Amber and Isaac Pederson. It was quite the experience, and I will never go back to carving a boring pumpkin again. I have been introduced into the world of fancy pumpkin carving. Deciding what to carve was the hardest part of the whole evening. First there was the idea of a Posh Kitty, Burt and Ernie, silly pumpkin faces and several more. Finally we all decided on a Star Wars Theme. (I am wishing I had brought the movie with us so we could have watched while carving). 

We carved our pumpkin into Bobo Fet (A Sweeney favorite), Mark carved his squash into Darth Mal, and Amber carved her pumpkin into Darth Vader. We all used the evil characters on Star Wars, hmm.. It that saying something??? 

I've been thinking about carving my own pumpkin, since Nathan took over ours and wouldn't let me help, I will probably do Yoda, so that we have a good person on our side :) 

I decided to name this lovely pumpkin of ours Bubba (pictures coming soon).It's a very fitting name. Names should be fitting for people and should not be difficult, just a funny story from the weekend. I had a half marathon on Saturday, and when I went to pickup my packet and get my number before the start of the race, they had us find our stuff by first name. So I went up to the girl (blonde) when it was my turn and said Linnley, she turns to me and says "It's by first name not last name." Okay then, so I said Sweeney, and she got more confused. I told her my first name is Linnley my last name is Sweeney. Then a light went on in her head and after a minute she understood what I was saying and got me my stuff. Really people? Do you have to question my name that much, is it really that hard to get? 

Yes I've been called Scott (my maiden name) plenty of times, but now that my last name is Sweeney, you'd think that they would get it. So, until people start getting my name, I will then to by Linn. It's so much simpler for all the geniuses out there.  

No comments:

Post a Comment