Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Weekend Warriors

This last weekend my Prince Charming and I spent our Saturday going to different fairs. To start off our morning the University Student Apartment Association put on a Block Party, they had a bunch of difference venders, as well as cottonw candy, pop corn and blow up toys. They mostly cater to those with small children, but since we don't have one we went to eat their pizza. 

Next on the list we went up on campus there was a Health and Wellness fair put on by the University of Utah Hospital and the College of Health. It was not too busy, we came home with a lot of free stuff. While we were there we were able to see our heart rythms, (I found out that Nathan does have a heart!), we got out Blood Pressure tested as well as our Glucose Levels. Oddly enough Nathan's glucose level was really really low, and mine was kind of high, and he had eaten more sugar than I had. But it's another thing he can brag about beating me, he has better glucose levels :).. We also got our body fat tested, mine was a tiny bit lower than his, he is really healthy and I am under for girls. It was fun going around to different booths to learn about different health topics. There was a womens tent and they gave out free prenatal vitamins and told me I should be taking them not matter what because it's good for me, so since they were free, I will take them up on that. We had a lot of fun. 

After some relaxing in the after noon, and getting our energy up for the biggest fair of the day we headed to the Utah State Fair with Dash and Zoe Porter and Nathan's Brother Sean and his date Tera. We had a lot of fun looking at all the fat animals, admiring how the sheep didn't have tails, trying not to step in the cow pies, and watching all the interesting people that have come from many places to be at the fair. We ate fried foods, drank lemonade and watched a hypnotist that seemed to have lasted forever. We saw lions, and tigers, no bears, but a monkey and horses too. Not only that but we saw some sea lions that knew how to pose in front of a camera. It was quite the event, a lot to take in, but one thing I will say is that they know you want to try their game or eat their food so they charge an arm and a leg for everything there. I had fun, it was my first time to a state fair, and I surely enjoyed the company. 

We had a great weekend, it was hard to come back to real life yesterday, work was hard and I have a test this week so reality hit me hard yesterday morning. It makes me more excited for this upcoming weekend and the adventures that lie ahead. :D

~Linn

No comments:

Post a Comment