Monday, September 13, 2010

Game Time

This last weekend our Stake put together a Back to School dinner and 5k. Friday night was the dinner, sponsered by Citrus Grill. The dinner is usually done by Cafe Rio, but Citrus Grill was still really yummy. They did a drawing for Miche purses, they are really nice, and really cute purses, and I was one of the lucky few that actually won one of them. It was really funny because we kept kinda chanting my number and the second to last bad the guy calling the numbers just looked at me like 'are you kidding me', and called out my number I was probably the most excited person there. Thanks to Nathan for giving me his number :)

There were kids activities which included nachos, cottoncandy, and face painting. The funniest thing was that the cottoncandy stuck to the kids faces, and they  it all the way up both cheeks, it was pink and blue, but still wanted their faces painted, I have no idea how they would have painted her face it would have had to have gone over all the sugar. It was just so cute. It was a great opportunity to get to know our neighbors that came, that aren't members. It's so fun to have these activites to meet so many new people, and to see our friends. 

Nate and Linn <3
Saturday morning at 8am we had our Stake 5k. It's free and just for fun. We headed out early into the cold morning and set off on our run. There were a lot of people from our ward there, both helping and running. It's so cool there is a stroller category to encourage you to bring your kids, and for those who do have kids to participate. The run was a lot of fun, I pushed myself really hard, I was hoping to get a personal record, but there were a bunch of hills and turns in it that slowed all the runners down.
 

Not sure what I'm doing with my face
In the end it was a successful race. Nathan ran it with me, so did our friends Dash and Zoe Porter, as well as Amber Pederson and Issac (she won 3rd in the stroller division :P). We all had fun and enjoyed our dinner at Cafe Rio that night. Dash won I think 3rd in Mens and I won 2nd in Womens Overall so for part of our reward we got gift certificate to Cafe Rio. It sure was a great morning! Overall a great weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment