Wednesday, September 29, 2010

On Top of the World

I am wishing that I was feeling on top of the world right now. This week has been one of those low energy, but busy weeks. I have a ton going on, but have no energy to do any of the many things I need to be doing. Thinking it was my diet I've been working on what I eat through out the day, but that's not doing much, sleeping in a little more in the mornings and not working out seems to be only making matters worse. Not having much to do at work doesn't help me wake up, so the many things needed to be done after work don't seem to get done. 

It is amazing what a little exercise can do for your whole day. Whether it's yoga, running, swimming, going for a walk, or a few push ups, all that you can do can help increase productivity and energy through the day. So, when I have weeks like this, it makes me really enjoy those weeks where I do have endless amounts of energy, and time to accomplish everything. 

Even in the scriptures, as well as in the temple I have noticed quite a bit about our health, and keeping our bodies and minds active, and choosing our foods wisely, and that we be healthy, I can really a test to that. We need to keep our minds active, not just by doing Sudoku all day, but by exerciseing our bodies, and doing different things through our work outs, as well as learning new things. My grandpa Newton is an amazing example of that. He was a Pediatrition for his profession, now retired. He still to this day attends classes at the University of Utah with a big group of his buddies, and they take random classes, study and learn through out the year. His mind is sharp, and he is very smart. Not only is he brilliant, but he is a really good tennis player. This weekend he and my grandma both 87 years old going down to St. George to compete in the Senior Games, last year he brought home both Gold and Silver, this year he will probably do the same. I can tell you that from being in their home, and watching them over the years that they eat chocolate or sugar every now and again, but they eat a well balanced diet a variety of foods, and both get their exercise in. I am amazed at their health, and I can tell you it's not from following a fad diet, from getting surgeries, or anything drastic like that. It is simply by living well. 

I challenge myself as well as you to try living well. To keep your minds sharp, go out read a book, while your at it hop on a bike or go swim some laps it will bring you so much energy, and you will feel so good. I love my body and I am so glad that I can have these kinds of crappy days so that I can realize how good I do have it. 

~Linn

1 comment:

  1. I agree. Good observations. I think that is so true and yet somehow it seems so difficult. Well, anyway, I'll try a little harder.

    ReplyDelete