Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Snow Day

All this snow has covered our homes, our cars, as well at the roads. Traveling in the slick roads has not been fun, but sure has been interesting. After a long day of work for both Nathan and I, we were able to relax at home and stay out of the cold snow. I was excited to be home and rest, but Nathan must have had too much sugar or something because he was bouncing off the walls saying all sorts of crazy stuff trying to be annoying.

Wanting to take a nap or just read, I sat on the couch with Nathan, but that didn't last long. With all the snow we had recieved he wanted to go sledding. I've not been the biggest fan of sledding, tubing is fun that is different, and being in the snow when you actually have snow clothes is more fun than jeans and sweats getting wet. After much asking, I gave in at we took our green and blue saucers out in the snow to sled down the hill next to our apartment.

It was getting a little dark out, but we were still able to see pretty well. We weren't the only ones out in the snow, a couple of kids and their dads were out sledding with them. It was rather funny to watch. As a two kids were walking up the hill another kid procceded to go down on their sled taking out one of the others, now if that was me I'd be laughing, I actually was when I saw it. Much to our dismay he started to cry, which was surprising because he was probably 10 years old, once he got up the hill after he finished being a baby, he told his dad "Sledding is more dangerous than it is fun." I thought it was funny, only because it is true, every time I've gone I've gotten hurt or someone I was with has.

We went down the hill a couple of times, on our bums, and on our stomachs, then we discovered a jump that had been made last time it snowed. Nathan went off the jump and loved it, so I ran in grabbed the camera and tried taking a picture of him going off, I kept missing him, so he had to keep walking up the hill. He was getting tired and complaining but that's when I thought it was funny was when he had to keep walking up the hill. He got a picture of me going down, I do have to say that jump was pretty good, I had a lot of fun going down it. Though your hands get cold, your bum starts to freeze, it's quite fun being able to sled for a few minutes just right outside our apartment.

Being a recently married couple is fun, we get to enjoy things with each other and when we want to, for the most part, but we can come back in warm up and have some soup when we are ready. The adventures we get to have are great, and I look forward to many more.

~Linn Sweeney

2 comments: