Wednesday, December 30, 2009

~HoLiDaY AdVeNtUrEs~

Happy New Year!! It is now the end of a decade, and so much has happened, not just in our world, but in our own lives. I can say that in these last ten years, so much has happened and I have changed so much, I am positive Nathan could say the same. Just in this last year even in the last 6 months so much has happened and it shapes us each and every day.

We had the opportunity to celebrate Christmas with my family, all my siblings as well as my parents were in town, and we got to play games, watch movies, read our christmas book, and enjoy each other's company. Though a lot of people in the family (my nephew, sister, mom, brother-in-law, grandpa and his wife, as well as nathan's niece Cindy) got the flu. Despite all the sickness we were able to remember christ, and what the holiday's are about. Being married certainly puts a twist into things, like who's family thing are we going to do, do we just want to do our own thing, or what, but I have found through this that I am learning a lot. One key thing is to pick your battles, not everything matters that much. I am so grateful for Nathan and that he helps me see these things. It deffinately takes a lot of work.

One thing Nathan and I are doing is splitting the movies we watch from Netflix. One week it's a Nathan movie the next it's a chick-flick for me. This week we watched Julie &Julia, I would recomend it to anyone. I loved it. After watching that movie, it has given me some inspiration. Last December my sister helped me start my own blog, it's about triathlons, fitness and health, I didn't get very far with it, and just left it hanging back in May. My new goal is to write everyday something new I learned either at school about a fitness thing, a health idea, anything that I learn, I will seek out to find this stuff so that I am learning as readers get to learn as well. Peoples comments and questions would help me with my search as to what I should write. I am excited about this new goal, and in a year from now as we are preparing to ring in 2011, we will be able to see what I've learned, the progress I have made with my career, and how much I have improved on my self, as well as who ever reads it I hope they too will benefit. I am excited about this, and I want to invite you to check out my blog and see if it is something of interest. It is linnleyscott.blogspot.com it is called TRI for Life, I will be writing about my passion, as what Julie did in the movie but her passion was cooking.

I am excited for this adventure I have ahead of me, and I hope that you will find an adventure this year to excite you and motivate you to finish. Let's not start our year with resolutions and finish with out completing them. Let's make 2010 better than 2009.

May you have a safe New Year, and fun filled!

~Linn Sweeney

No comments:

Post a Comment