Saturday, December 5, 2009

~ Our Escape from Winter ~

Black Friday is known for the shopping, but our black friday this year was spent on a long flight to Hawaii. We were able to ride on a big plane, there were 7 seats per row, we sat in the middle row of three seats. Which we didn't mind much too much, it would have been fun to sit next to the window as we flew into Hawaii, but it was still great. The coolest part of the flight was the personal t.v's we had. On the back of each seat there was a touch screen t.v that we were able to pick what we watched, played games or even just listened to music.





We watched some movies, first we started watching I love you Beth Cooper, it ended up being a stupid movie so we both shut it off, then we watched Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. Can I say stupid! Sorry to all those Harry Potter fans, but that was a dumb movie, and it was sooo long. After I finished that movie, I watched Four Christmases, now that was a funny movie!


It is so smart for these airlines to have the personal t.v's it keeps everyone entertained. They have movies for kids, and adults, also the movies that they do play are edited so it makes for good movies. We had a little boy named Luke sitting in front of us, and I do have to say he was the best behaved kid I have seen on an airplane. He was maybe four, and never fussed, he did get out of his seat and lay on the floor, it was cute. I do know that, that family was LDS so I can say that I think he learned to be well behaved in situations like that from church, and probably from flying before too. I was impressed. He also told me he was going to see a shark, so when we saw them at the beach our first day of snorkeling I had to ask him if he'd seen any before I got in.

After waiting several hours in the Hawaii Airport we met up with DeAnne and Karl (nathan's parents), that's when our true vacation began, and we headed off to our hotel. We stayed in the Ko Olina Marriott, the villa we stayed in was so nice, probably two and a half times bigger than our current apartment. The view was beautiful, especially at sunrise.


Saturday we spent snorkeling and grocery shopping. It was great to be on the beach and spend time in the ocean. The water was a bit chilly, but the fish were cool. We saw yellow fish, striped one's like on Finding Nemo, we also saw skinny fish that looked like light blue sticks. We also went snorkeling on Monday at Hanauma Bay. It was beautiful. There was a lot more coral, but the water was still cold and it rained, but it still made for a beautiful day in Hawaii.


Nathan and Karl went snorkeling together while DeAnne and I warmed up on the beach. While they were out, they saw a sea turtle, and fulfilled Nathan's wish to see one. My wish was to go by and see the temple, which we accomplished on Tuesday, when we went to the PCC.



One of the funniest parts of the trip, well for me, was when we were heading to the PCC I saw the motel I stayed in with my parents, I pointed it out to Nathan. He and his parents thought I was joking, because it had been condemned, and grafiti had been done all over it. Sure enough it was the place we had stayed, my parents laughed when I told them.
Our trip to Hawaii, was an great adventure. We went to the beaches, we went down a scary, dark water slide at the hotel, we went to a swap-meet or otherwise known as a flea market. We drank a pina-colada, sat in a hot tub by the ocean, got lost on the roads of Oahu, kayaking, surfing as well as the Pinapple Plantation. We had a blast. Much Thanks to DeAnne and Karl for their hospitality and great love!
Our new goal, to go back to Hawaii :)












1 comment: