Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Simple Recipes

I am not the greatest cook. I love to bake, that is where I am more comfortable, however, I can't just eat pastries all the time. Cooking with spices really intimidates me, and I am trying to be better with it. Any tips as to how I can get more comfortable with it?

Using hot sauce, soy sauce and/ or peanut butter is a sure easy way to mix up a stir fry. If you cut up a variety of veggies (peppers, carrots, brussel sprouts, broccoli, squash, peas) and mix up a sauce it's an easy meal you can eat on lettuce or rice.

Lemon and lemon pepper, or blackened seasoning is great on Salmon or Tilapia. Cook the fish in the oven separate from some veggies and roast them with olive oil, garlic and some salt and pepper. Yum!

Ground turkey with a variety of veggies (peppers, carrots, brussel sprouts, broccoli, squash, peas) cooked in olive oil with garlic and blackened seasoning with a little cheese and avocado sprinkled on top. You could also add rice or beans to it too.

Making dinner doesn't have to be difficult, it can be fun and creative and done in one pan. I will try some more recipes soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment