Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Unexpected Surprises

Have you ever had one of the weeks or several of those weeks where you feel just out of it, and nothing is going your way? Ugh. I have. The last couple of weeks I haven't felt 100% especially in the running department. I have been working so hard to get to a point just to loose it, and I have been loosing my newly married weight that I have gained and over the last two weeks I just have felt like I am stuck in a rut and for running my energy hasn't been so good, and my endurance has dropped. No Fun! 


Yesterday I had a very splendid surprise. I went to the gym bright and early and ran just over 2 miles on the treadmill got bored so I went up on the track upstairs and did another 2 and a half. I was feeling bummed cause I had no energy. Well later I weighed myself and that was such a great surprise. Over the last little bit I thought I had gained about 5 pounds, but I found that I haven't!!! Oh that just made me so excited and it's given me more energy. I feel like the work I am doing, what effort I have been putting in is paying off. It felt so good. I actually lost 1 pound, which just elated me. I love those happy and unexpected surprised.


 Also yesterday after work I was checking to see if Nathan need me to pick him up from school he said he didn't know, so I took my time getting home just in case he decided he was ready for me to come get him. Well... I got home and saw the lights were on, I was thinking did he come home early and do the dishes? No, either those were our neighbors lights I thought were on or he's just studying. Well when I walked in it was in fact our apartment lights that were on, and he HAD done the dishes because he knew I'd appreciate it! That made me one happy wife, and I gladly made dinner for him and let him play Xbox while I was preparing it.


Days like that where I get a little extra motivation and humph (spelling?) through out my day just makes things so enjoyable. I have such a cute hubby, that helps me when I have a lot going on! He even let me watch Biggest Loser last night with out switching the channels all the time! It was a great night, and today will be another great day. 


Have you had any fun surprises? Any that make you want to do more things for other people?   

No comments:

Post a Comment