Thursday, November 18, 2010

New Apartment!!!

No, we have not moved into a new apartment BUT it feels like we have! 


Yesterday I got home from work to a disaster. Our apartment looked like a tornado had gone through. There were nasty dishes with food in them, cupboards were open, suitcases everywhere, I tripped over both a set of golf clubs and our bikes. Our bed was not made and clothes were everywhere. Are you kidding me? This was horrible. I had to study for my test (that I have tonight) and I was not going to be able to concentrate in this sort of place, and I can't put it off any longer something needed to be done. I was so close to calling my home teachers and enlisting them to help me, but I decided I am the only one that know's where this stuff should go, so I did it. 


With in one hour, the dish washer was running, dishes that didn't fit were drying, trash was out, fridge was cleaned out (it looks empty now), bikes are now locked up in the laundry room where all bike do belong, golf clubs in the car to take to Eric (Nathan's old roommate). I had made our bed, folded Nathan's clothes and put them away, put my clothes away, moved new suitcases out of living room into the bed room in a very convenient place, Sentsy was going and I could now dance in our apartment. 


I opened up so much room in our apartment by putting everything back where is belongs. It feels so so good to have a clean apartment. This morning when I got up to go to the gym, I realized maybe the suitcases are not in the best spot, right at the end of the bed where I get off so I had to roll over Nathan, but that was fun so they will stay in their new spot. Looking at our apartment this morning I was just so giddy when I saw how clean it is.

The new fresh clean feeling is so great. Now I just wish I could rearrange our apartment set up :) 



Have you ever been so bored with something that by just reorganizing it made it feel new again?

No comments:

Post a Comment