Friday, September 10, 2010

Wandering Dreams..

Last night, I went to bed reltively early, we got up at 5 am to go to the Temple together. Aw. It was fun, and so neat to do sealings together. Anyways... When we woke up this morning Nathan asked me if I remembered what I said to him last night when he came into bed. Of coarse I didn't I was asleep. Apparently I told him "I pick you, I want you. Only you." Something to that effect. 

As the day has gone on I've been thinking about that, and I do remember my dream last night that I would have said that. 

In my dream, we were in a defferent place, not in Utah, not in our same apartment, it was all screwy. Anyways, in the dream I had to pick either him or someother guy. At the time, in the dream, Nathan and I were married but for some odd dreamly reason I had to pick between my husband and some other guy, of coarse they don't let you see the face in the dream, but that doesn't matter. The guy was a jerk, and the whole time in my dream that I was arround this other person I was just constantly thinking about Nathan and how I wanted to tell him that I wanted to be his. This is where my sleep talking comes in... In my dream I had searched hard to find him and tell him I was his, and that I wanted to be with him and only him. I found him eating at some restraunt/hair salon place (yes this is a dream anything can happen right), and I grabbed him kissed him and told him that I picked him. I have not yet told this dream to Nathan, but as the day has progressed to now, and events have happened, I find it interesting what our mind thinks up and the kinds of dreams we do have. 

I know pretty much all of you have seen the movie Inception and how they manipulate our dreams, often times I have wondered if my dreams really are my thoughts, or if someone put those thoughts in my mind with out me realizing and this is the outcome and leaving me thinking back on it all day. Dreams are amazing, and I love day dreaming where I wish things would happen that I know never will, but it gives me a chance to see myself as a winner and having accomplished things and to allow myself to build confidance in myself and the things I do. 

What do your dreams say about you? Are there really hidden meanings behind them? Was my dream telling me that I need to let Nathan know that he is the one I picked and that I want to hold onto him forever?? If so, thats not biggie, but is there something else. All of this has just left me thinking today.. <3

~linn

1 comment:

  1. Well, dreams...huh...I uh, I don't remember the last dream I had when I WAS kissing Parker...usually...unfortunately...there are a row of old boyfriends...people on the street...whoever, well except Parker. This totally bums me out, but I certainly hope it isn't saying anything tooo important about me or my thoughts :-) So, I wouldn't read too much into your dreams, it will just make you crazy. You can only be accountable for what you choose to think about...not your subconscious so, I wouldn't worry too much.

    ReplyDelete